- Chapter 1 - Overview of your Known site
- Chapter 2 - Edit your profile and settings
- Chapter 3 - Customize your site configurations
- Chapter 4 - Connect your social accounts
- Chapter 5 - Publish and edit content
- Chapter 6 - Embed content
- Chapter 7 - Search & filter content
- Chapter 8 - Use feeds & RSS
- Chapter 9 - Organize with hashtags
- Chapter 10 - Other resources
Organize with Hashtags
Every content type in Known supports hashtags. If you’re not familiar with the concept, a hashtag is a word or phrase that begins with a pound sign (#). They were made popular by Twitter and can be seen on other popular social networks, like Facebook and Instagram.
Adding a pound sign to the beginning of a word - like #pandas - creates a linked word or topic that can be used to search and organize content on your site.
Every content type within Known supports hashtags. You can add hashtags anywhere in the text field, and it will be recognized and linked when you publish the content. Be sure and include a space between each hashtag. Once you’ve added hashtags to your content, clicking the link for a hashtag will return a stream of all content that includes that hashtag, whether it’s a post, a picture, an update, or something else.
This how-to guide was last updated on August 7, 2015.